Have you ever experienced a nagging pain in the heels of your foot after a long rest?
Do you feel like you are walking on broken pieces of glass when you walk the first few steps after a long break?
Do you experience an inflammation in your heels after a rested sleep at night?
If your answer to these questions is a yes, then you have plantar fasciitis. This is a type of tendonitis where the heels are in acute pain and give out an inflammatory feeling to the patient. Since the pain is very bad people usually consult a doctor.
Most of the times it is the worst mistake a patient can do. Plantar fasciitis is not an uncommon condition but it most definitely is a misunderstood condition. Doctors usually begin treatment on plantar fasciitis by eliminating the symptoms of the condition which are soreness, inflammation, and pain. Since the condition is not treated from the cause it again resurfaces after a few days or weeks of relief.
If you want to know how to Treat Plantar Fasciitis, then you must understand the root cause of the problem and think of a proactive solution instead of a reactive one.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis…
There are many known causes of plantar fasciitis and the most common one of them is too much exercise or putting pressure on the heels. If you are in a sedentary job you are highly unlikely to get this condition but if you are on your toes most of the times in a day, the pressure on the heels can cause acute pain which if ignored can turn to plantar fasciitis.
Another common cause is wearing shoes with improper heels and support. This puts a lot of pressure on the heel and causes initial discomfort to the feet causing plantar fasciitis in the long run.
Mistakes Made by People While Curing Plantar Fasciitis…
Usually, plantar fasciitis is considered a normal pain in the heels and is invariably ignored which causes the condition to worsen. If not treated in the correct way, at the correct time, this condition can cause acute pain to the sufferer. Ignoring it just not an option.
Another mistake that people tend to make is consulting doctors who tell them to take pain killers for the pain or use night splints for the pain. The sufferer needs to understand that while the temporary use of such medicines and techniques may relieve you of the symptoms, the cause is still left untreated.
Third and the most common mistake that people make while treating plantar fasciitis is that they try different exercises and medicines that usually remove normal body ache and pain. Plantar fasciitis is not like body ache and popping a pill will not make a difference to the pain in the heels.
Simple Ways to Treat Plantar Fasciitis…
If you want to know how to Treat Plantar Fasciitis, then these simple remedies may help you alleviate the problem and the symptoms: –
- Wearing shoes that are of proper make and fit is one of the most important and easy ways in which to cure the pain in the heels. By wearing shoes with padded, cushioned soles, you can release the pressure off your heels and lessen the pain.
- When in acute pain due to inflammation of the heels, instead of taking pain killers to remedy the condition, use ice packs or fill a bucket with ice and dip your feet in it. The cooling effect of the ice will reduce the inflammation without adding unnecessary drugs to your system. There are some good choices of foot massagers which have same facilities and can be used for plantar fasciitis.
- By exercising the muscles of your calves and toes, you can further alleviate the symptoms while completely curing the condition soon. Doing stretching exercises for the calves and doing simple activities like trying to lift marbles with your toes will strengthen your foot muscles.
- If you are in acute pain and do not want to take painkillers, then using night splints while sleeping can temporarily take care of the heel pain for the next day. This, however, is not a permanent solution.
- Taking proper nutrition in the form of fish oil and omega-3 acids can help your condition. This gives your body the necessary tools to internally heal the body alleviating you of the pain in the long run.
Plantar fasciitis is more common than one would know. Most people do not even know that they are suffering from this condition until it gets beyond control. By taking proper nutrition and exercising, you can escape the risk of ever suffering from plantar fasciitis.
You Might Also Like: 25 Best Clip-in Hair Extensions According to Celebrity Hairstylists
If you liked the post, please leave your feedback.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: